The Toxic Chemicals in Your Home They Aren’t Telling You About
Several everyday consumer products are made with toxic chemicals that can’t be found anywhere on the package label.
In a study, 40 household products such as hair coloring, lipstick and paints were tested for toxic chemicals. Out of these 40 products, evidence of the following chemicals was discovered in 34 of the products: glycols, organic solvents and phthalates. These chemicals did not appear on the label of the products.
Although the study didn’t test at what level these chemicals were harmful to people, they did find that these chemicals could contribute to impacting the nervous system, reproductive system and cause other health issues. For this reason, researchers expressed the need to look further into chemical affects and people’s level of exposure to them.
Researchers also stated the most common toxic chemical that people would most likely inhale come from household products. These chemicals included chlorine, toluene, xylene, methyl, ethyl ketone and n-hexane.
Based on the findings from these studies, environmental groups recommended stricter labeling requirements.
A chemical spokesperson stated that these claims weren’t supported by scientific evidence and served merely as scare tactics as a way to get people to not buy the products they depend on for everyday use. Another spokesperson for the cosmetic industry claimed that the amount of toxic chemicals used in cosmetics and other household products was very low and regulated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Cleaning Products Can Harm Your Children
The symptoms of persistent wheezing in young children may be linked to cleaning products they were exposed to while in the womb. Research showed that 10 percent of the children born into families who used cleaning products such as bleach and carpet cleaners were twice as likely to battle wheezing problems than those who were exposed to cleaning products the least.
A study involving almost 14,000 children was conducted to find out if there was a link between prenatal exposure to cleaning supplies and wheezing.
The 10 Most Common Cleaning Disinfectants
Used by Pregnant Women
- Carpet Cleaner
- Dry Cleaning Fluid
- Turpentine/White Spirit
- Air Fresheners
- Paint Stripper
- Paint or Varnish
- Window Cleaner
The children in the study were followed until they reached 3-and-a-half years of age. Results from the study revealed that the babies who were exposed to these chemicals most frequently were more likely to develop persistent wheezing as young children. The relationship between exposure to the cleaning products and wheezing was the same despite environmental factors such as parental smoking, damp housing and family history of asthma.
Although these findings haven’t confirmed that these chemicals have caused an increase in the number of asthma cases, one expert stated there was growing evidence that environmental exposure at an early age might contribute to the development of asthma.
Other experts view this study as a reminder to pay closer attention to the indoor air quality we breathe as it might play a big factor in the health of children’s lungs.
So what should you use to clean your house?
I have discovered that a much safer and inexpensive way to clean your house without risking the effects of harmful toxins is by using a completely natural brand of products. This works exceptionally well for cleaning products of all types for your home and for your body.
I also urge you to consider getting rid of your existing towels, sponges, rags and other conventional tools you use to clean your home with, as 1) they are some of the top sources for illness-causing germs in your home; and 2) they do a very poor job of cleaning the biological and toxic aspects of dirt in your home.
If you have watched the news over the last few years, then you know that there are enough problems with air quality outside of your home — there’s no need to create more problems with the air inside of your home by using cleaning chemicals with harmful toxins. You can’t control the air quality outside of your home, but you can reduce the amount of chemicals you bring into your home and by doing so will create a healthier air quality environment.
By making these simple changes for you, and your family you will notice a profound impact in the way you breathe and you will also be taking the steps within your power to protect your family’s lungs and overall health.
How YOU Can Make That Change:
On Monday, August 11th at 7:00 PM I am bringing two guest speakers up to Marion by the name of Doug Dicke and Linda Gray (my mom J). Doug and Linda are an experts in this field of toxins in the home as well as what you can do to eliminate them out of your home. My mom taught me this information from a very young age…which has kept me VERY healthy!
Seating is limited to 17 (due to the size of our office), so CALL NOW to reserve your seat at this workshop that is critical to your family’s health.
CALL (740)-386-6580 to reserve your seat, or email Dr Scot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. You get 5 raffle tickets for the Florida Getaway Contest in August when you attend!!!