Sinusitis stinks! I have just had to get over a sinus infection that started last week. I cannot believe how much pain a sinus problem can cause…not only in your head, but your neck and back too.
Here Is How I Eliminated My Sinus Infection In 2 Days!
I knew I had to do something quick because my patients were all going to be here for Patient Appreciation Day, and they deserve nothing less than top-notch service. (thank you for all who came out, we had a lot of fun!)
How To Eliminate Your Sinus Infections:
1. Get adjusted! Make sure you get your spine adjusted on a regular basis to insure a healthy immune system. Your nervous system controls every part of your body, and it needs to function properly so that you stay healthy.
2. Drink a LOT of water. One of the best things you can do for your body when you are sick is to drink water (pure water…no added flavors, or tea, or coffee). I had to cut out my normal coffee that I like to drink. 🙁 You all know that we are made up of ~75% water and we need it to stay healthy. Make sure you are drinking 1/2 of your body weight, in ounces of water each day. (I weight 190 lbs, so I drink 95 ounces).
3. Use a Neti Pot, or sinus rinsing system. You can find these items for around $12 in your local pharmacy, in the sinus section. They are very easy to use and are necessary to eliminate the bacteria and infection that are in your sinuses. When I use my Neti Pot I feel my headaches go away almost instantaneously! You will love it!
4. Drink some hot tea with honey and lemon juice in it. If you are having a sore throat, this will help to soothe your throat. I like to use Tazo’s CALM tea with honey, then squeeze fresh lemon juice in it.
5. My favorite is one that my wife suggested…and then made for me. For this you need hot water and Lavender and Thyme Essential Oils. All you do is get some hot water in a bowl, then drop 2 drops of Lavender Oil, and 2 drops of Thyme Oil. You then proceed to place a towel over your head and lean over the bowl. Make sure your eyes are closed and you inhale the fragrance of the steam for 1 minute. Do this 3 times a day. This helped my throat considerably!
6. The last one is to take your supplements. I took 10,000 IU’s of Vitamin D each day, as well as using Cod Liver Oil for Vitamins D and A. I used 3 tablespoons a day. If you want a good tasting Cod Liver Oil click HERE (this is the one I use because I can’t stand the taste of fish)! If you have questions about supplements please call our office to set up a time to talk to Dr Scot.
As spring time comes and you deal with allergies and/or sinus infections, remember these simple solutions to eliminate your pain and discomfort quickly and safely! You typically do not need to take medication to eliminate these problems. I have not taken antibiotics in over 20 years…these natural remedies do the trick each and every time for me. If the problem persist’s over a week, then go and see your medical doctor.
To your health,
Dr Scot Gray
PS: Remember to watch Dr Scot on Lifetime Television soon…(we will update you when we know the exact date that the interview will air).
P.P.S. Remember you can also download Dr Scot’s new book by clicking HERE